Friday, February 4, 2011

One dead, another severely injured, drunk driver racing with 2 prior dui’s 9 years in prison???

Just got back from Santa Ana today, where my pops, my little sister, and I went and sat in on the sentencing of the guy that was involved in the death of the founder of TapouT, Charles "Mask" Lewis. As I sat there and the deputies brought the defendant Jeff Kirby in, I couldnt help but feel sorry for the guy. He looked beat, he looked like he was really sorry...an opinion on my part that would haunt me later as the proceedings went on. As I began to hear the friends and family of Mask start to speak, my feelings toward the defendant began to change quickly, as I heard Punkass talk about how Charles was such an inspirational figure to him, how Charles always seemed to find the good in everything, and then as he cleared his throat, barley being able to get the words out he said, "No matter what happens here today, nothing will ever bring back Charles". I looked over at my pops, and I couldnt help but notice a tear run down his face. Charles' brother, sister, and fiancee then spoke all telling wonderful stories in regard to who Charles was and how he impacted so many lives. I can tell you speaking for myself, in which I never had the privilege of meeting Mask...he inspires my family and I everyday, as we sit and watch his videos on youtube...we cant help but "BELIEVE"! All because God blessed us with Charles' brief...yet very profound life here on earth.


When the defendants family got up to speak, once again I couldnt help but feel sorry for Jeff Kirby's family, they looked as though they were really sorry for what Mr. Kirby had done to the Lewis family and friends. It wasnt until the prosecuting attorney began to speak that I really started to get an idea as to what really happend in regard to Masks' death. This guy Jeff Kirby, the defendant, had had two previous DUI's, he had been on probation before, on the night of the accident, he had left one place after drinking and went to another to continue drinking, and then on that night of the accident, Mr. Kirby was well aware that the "spacers" on his car would make the car vibrate violently at a high rate of speed!


I dont mean to talk shit, but in my opinion this guy got off easy...9 years...thats it...9 years...for the death of a man, that had such an impact on so many millions of lives. 9 years for severely injuring the passenger in Masks' car...9 years for robbing all of us...including myself from ever knowing such an inspirational figure like Mask. Well Judge Tuhey...heres to you...when Mr. Kirby gets out of prison for good behavior in the next 5 or 6 years, and he does this again...I hope it is not one of your friends or family members that he does it to, and if he does kill one of your friends or family members while driving under the influence (which he will drink and drive again)...you will only have yourself to blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment